Cover of a Qur'an
- Historical period(s)
- Safavid period, 16th century
- Dark brown leather on pasteboard, gold tooling
- H x W: 37.5 x 24.6 cm (14 3/4 x 9 11/16 in)
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Dark brown leather outside; light brown leather inside; on pasteboard. Decoration: punched and chiselled gold relief, with touches of color in the floral patterns; gold tooling in the borders; cut gold filigree over blue paper. Inscriptions embossed; gold writing on the back hinge.
Dr. Jacob Hirsch, New York to 1934. 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Dr. Jacob Hirsch, New York in 1934. 
 Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record.
 See note 1.
- Former owner
- Dr. Jacob Hirsch (1874? - 1955)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum