Folio from an unidentified text; recto: text; verso: illuminated medallion with two ornamental borders
- Detached manuscript folio
- Historical period(s)
- 13th-14th century
- Ink, opaque watercolor and gold on paper
- H x W: 33.8 x 24.6 cm (13 5/16 x 9 11/16 in)
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Detached folio from an unidentified text; recto: text, 1 column, 11 lines; verso: a shamsa, illuminated medallion with a calligraphic inner border in kufic script and two ornamental outer borders.
Border: The recto is set in gold, black and blue rulings on cream-colored paper. The shamsa is mounted on cream-colored paper.
In roundel, inside rim, repetition of "The kingdom belongs to God" in kufic script.
Kirkor Minassian (1974-1944), New York. 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Kirkor Minassian, New York. 
 Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record.
 See note 1.
- Former owner
- Kirkor Minassian (1874 - 1944)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum