Folio of calligraphy
- Detached album folio
- Historical period(s)
- Safavid period, 17th century
- Ink and gold on paper
- H x W: 16.9 x 9.3 cm (6 5/8 x 3 11/16 in)
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Page of calligraphy; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script written in cloud bands on cream-tinted paper; verso: text, Sincere advice from a father to his son, one column, six lines; stamp; recto: blank.
Border: The text is set in gold and black rulings and is mounted on blue-green paper board with both floral and animal motifs.
Verso: Russian stamp on bottom left of outer margin.
Dikran G. Kelekian (1868-1951), Cairo, Egypt, Paris, France, and New York to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Dikran G. Kelekian, New York, in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original List of Persian and Indian Drawings, pg. 106, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. See also, F1907.155, Curatorial Remark 10, Debra Diamond, February 3, 2011, in the object record.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Dikran Garabed Kelekian (C.L. Freer source) (1868 - 1951)
Charles Lang Freer (1854 - 1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum