Image of seated Kannon
- Historical period(s)
- Edo period or Meiji era, 19th century
- Porcelain with enamel glazes and lacquer over gold leaf
- H x W: 18.7 x 14.6 cm (7 3/8 x 5 3/4 in)
- Japan, Kyoto prefecture, Kyoto
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Clay: hard, dense, grayish-white. Porcelain.
Glaze: flesh parts - unglazed, covered by brown patina; robe -blue enamel with black decoration; cowl - silvered enamel with gold decoration; ornaments - gilded; rock - red brown (lacquer over gold foil).
R. Wagner, Berlin, to 1901 
From 1901 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from R. Wagner in 1901 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 917, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- R. Wagner (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- bodhisattva, Buddhism, dhyana mudra, Edo period (1615 - 1868), Japan, Kannon, Meiji era (1868 - 1912)
- Collection(s) Area
- Japanese Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum