Figure of Suigetsu Kannon
- Figure: Suigetsu Kannon
- Artist: False seal of Aoki Mokubei 青木木米 (Japanese, 1767 - 1863)
- Historical period(s)
- Edo period or Meiji era, 19th century
- Stoneware with celadon glaze
- H x W: 15.8 x 10.5 cm (6 1/4 x 4 1/8 in)
- Japan, Kyoto
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Clay: hard, dense, grayish. Darkened on surface.
Glaze: figure - celadon, crackled; face, hands, and foot - thin brown (iron wash).
Seal: "Mokubei," impressed on garment of figure behind left knee.
Carl Edelheim (1844-1899), Philadelphia, to 1899 
From 1900 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased at the sale of the Carl Edelheim Collection, American Art Association, New York, NY, March 1900 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 208, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Carl Edelheim (1844 - 1899)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- bodhisattva, Buddhism, Edo period (1615 - 1868), green glaze, Japan, Kannon, Meiji era (1868 - 1912), stoneware
- Collection(s) Area
- Japanese Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum