La Danseuse: A Study of the Nude
- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (American, 1834-1903)
- Historical period(s)
- probably 1891
- Lithograph on paper
- H x W: 16 x 12.4 cm (6 5/16 x 4 7/8 in)
- United States
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Whistler lithographs are identified by "C." numbers as described in The Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler (Chicago: The Art Institute of Chicago, 1998). This print is C49, only state.
Frederick Keppel and Co., London, England, and New York to 1898 
From 1898 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Frederick Keppel and Co. in 1898 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Lithographs, pg. 31, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Frederick Keppel and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- American Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum