Sketch after Cecil Lawson's "Swan and Iris"
- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (American, 1834-1903)
- Historical period(s)
- ca. 1883
- Etching on paper
- H x W (overall): 13.3 x 8.1 cm (5 1/4 x 3 3/16 in)
- United States
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Whistler etchings are identified by "G" numbers as assigned in "James McNeill Whistler: The Etchings, a catalogue raisonne," by Margaret F. McDonald, Grischka Petri, Meg Hausberg, and Joanna Meacock (University of Glasgow, 2012), http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk. This print is G247 state 5 of 6.
From 1883 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from an unidentified source in 1883 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 According to the Accession List, Collections Management Office, there is no purchase record for this object. See also, Original Whistler List, Etchings, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- American Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum