- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (American, 1834-1903)
- Historical period(s)
- Etching on paper
- H x W: 15.2 x 22.7 cm (6 x 8 15/16 in)
- United States
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Whistler etchings are identified by "G" numbers as assigned in "James McNeill Whistler: The Etchings, a catalogue raisonne," by Margaret F. McDonald, Grischka Petri, Meg Hausberg, and Joanna Meacock (University of Glasgow, 2012), http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk. This print is G215 state 1 of 2.
Obach & Co., London, to 1905 
From 1905 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Obach & Co. in 1905 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Etchings, Voucher No. 22, January 1905, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Obach & Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer (1854 - 1919)
- On View Location
- Freer Gallery 10: Whistler in Watercolor
- Collection(s) Area
- American Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum