Doorway and Vine
- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (American, 1834-1903)
- Historical period(s)
- Etching on paper
- H x W: 23.4 x 17 cm (9 3/16 x 6 11/16 in)
- United States
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Whistler etchings are identified by "G" numbers as assigned in "James McNeill Whistler: The Etchings, a catalogue raisonne," by Margaret F. McDonald, Grischka Petri, Meg Hausberg, and Joanna Meacock (University of Glasgow, 2012), http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk. This print is G191 state 3 of 18.
Frederick Keppel and Co., London, to 1902 
From 1902 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Frederick Keppel and Co., London, in 1902 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Etchings, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Frederick Keppel and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer (1854 - 1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- American Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum